Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai is the world’s largest waterpark by number of waterslides. This adrenaline-pumping aquapark, located at the iconic Atlantis The Palm, offers an action-packed adventure for all ages. Atlantis Aquaventure is renowned for its impressive 105 slides and rides, coupled with a 700-metre private beach. With a record-breaking 18 million litres of fresh water and a 2.3-kilometer river ride, it’s no wonder why this is a must-visit attraction in Dubai.
This Palm Jumeirah waterpark is a world of thrilling water slides, shark-filled lagoons and non-stop aquatic fun for families, groups of friends and solo travellers. The park is designed to cater for everyone, with a variety of attractions for both kids and adults. With its lush tropical landscapes and crystal-clear turquoise waters, it’s a paradise for water enthusiasts and sun seekers alike. From the heart-stopping Leap of Faith slide to the calm and relaxing lazy river, there’s something for everyone at Aquaventure Dubai. This is my favourite aquapark in Dubai! In this article, I will tell you all you need to know about the Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark waterslides, tickets, facilities, location, timings and prices.
Is Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai visit worth it: pros and cons
Check my quick overview of the pros and cons below to make a balanced decision.
- Guinness World Record: Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai is the largest waterpark in the world by number of waterslides. This waterworld offers its visitors 105 waterslides and other thrilling attractions.
- Variety of slides and rides: Atlantis Dubai Waterpark is home to an array of water rides to any taste, including high-speed slides, wave pools and a lazy river that winds through the entire park.
- Atlantis the Palm Resort: Aquaventure Waterpark in Dubai is located within the famous Atlantis the Palm Resort. Visitors can also enjoy a range of other activities such as the Dubai Balloon, Lost Chambers Aquarium, snorkelling, diving, shark feeding and encounters with dolphins.
- Crowds: The park can get extremely crowded, especially during peak season, which may result in long waiting times for some of the popular rides and activities.
- Transportation options: From my experience, one of the disadvantages of Aquaventure Dubai at Atlantis The Palm Hotel is its limited transportation options. There is no metro, and the easiest way to get there is only by taxi. Alternatively, you can take the Dubai Monorail or a bus, but it will probably involve transfers.
What to expect from Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark in Dubai
Stepping into Aquaventure Dubai, you can expect a world of excitement and adventure. With both adrenaline-pumping rides and tranquil waterways, this park offers a unique blend of thrill and relaxation.
The first thing you’ll notice is the park’s stunning design. Inspired by the lost city of Atlantis, this aquapark in Dubai is a visual spectacle with its ancient-looking stone structures, lush tropical landscapes and sparkling waterways. It’s like entering another world, where ancient civilizations and modern comforts coexist.
Next, you’ll be amazed by the variety of attractions. From high-speed slides that plunge you into shark-filled lagoons to a tranquil private beach with white sand where you can relax and soak up the sun. And with 20 swimming areas, 11 pools, and a 2.3-kilometre river ride, you’ll never run out of things to do at Atlantis Waterpark Dubai.
Waterpark main towers
The Atlantis Dubai Waterpark is dominated by three main towers: the Tower of Neptune, the Tower of Poseidon and the recently added Trident Tower. These towers house the park’s most thrilling rides and slides and are a central part of the Aquaventure experience.
- The Tower of Neptune is home to some of the park’s most iconic rides. Here, you’ll find the Leap of Faith, a near-vertical slide that drops you into a clear tube surrounded by sharks and rays. It’s one of the park’s most thrilling rides and a must-try for adrenaline junkies.
- The Tower of Poseidon is equally thrilling, with a variety of high-speed slides and rides. One of the highlights here is Poseidon’s Revenge, a slide that drops you from a height of 31 metres at speeds of up to 60 km/h. It’s a heart-stopping experience that’s not for the faint-hearted.
- Finally, the 48-metre high Trident Tower is the newest and tallest in the aquapark. It will dazzle you with a collection of 12 exciting slides and rides.
Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai boasts a variety of waterslides, ensuring that there’s something for everyone. Here are some of the park’s most popular attractions.
Aquaventure group waterslides
The first stop in our Aquaventure Dubai journey is the group waterslides. As a family, with friends or even with strangers, these slides guarantee a memorable experience.
One of my personal favourites is the Odyssey of Terror. The name itself is enough to send chills down your spine, but the actual ride is an exhilarating rush of adrenaline as you plummet down a 40-metre high slide into a tunnel filled with terrifying twists and turns.
- Thrill Level: High
Another thrilling group ride is the Shockwave. This 449-metre ride gives you a sense of weightlessness as you drop from a height and then are propelled uphill due to powerful water jets. The ride is a blend of unexpected twists and turns that will keep you screaming with excitement.
- Thrill Level: Moderate
Next up is the Zoomerango, a six-person slide that will have you experiencing zero gravity as you slide up a giant 14-metre high wall before experiencing a thrilling vertical drop.
- Thrill Level: High
Last but not least, the Aquaconda, the world’s largest waterslide. This mammoth ride (25-metre tall) will have you and your group spiralling and sliding through dark tunnels before being spat out at a speed of 35 km/h into the largest fibreglass tube in the world. The sensation of being swallowed and regurgitated by a giant sea serpent is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
- Thrill Level: Moderate
Aquaventure body waterslides
The body waterslides at Aquaventure Water Park in Dubai are not for the faint-hearted.
The Blackout sends you down a darkened tunnel at high speed, disorienting you and keeping you guessing about the next twist or turn.
- Thrill Level: High
The Vortex, on the other hand, involves a high-speed descent followed by a whirlpool effect, spinning you around as you approach the end of the slide.
- Thrill Level: Moderate
The Leap of Faith is a nearly vertical drop from a height of 27.5 metres, sending you hurtling through a clear tube surrounded by sharks and rays. It’s one of the most hair-raising attractions at Aquaventure Dubai. Though, don’t worry, your hair will be wet anyway!
- Thrill Level: High
Poseidon’s Revenge is another heart-stopping ride. A trap door opens beneath you, sending you plummeting down a near-vertical drop at speeds of up to 60 km/h.
- Thrill Level: High
And for those with a competitive spirit, the Hydra Racer is a must-try. This six-lane slide lets you race your friends down a series of twists and turns, adding a fun competitive element to the thrill of the slide. I totally enjoyed it!
- Thrill Level: Moderate
Aquaventure water coasters
The water coasters at Aquapark Dubai offer a unique combination of fast-paced thrills and mesmerising aquatic environments.
Medusa’s Lair is a winding journey through dark tunnels and sudden drops, themed around the mythical tale of Medusa.
- Thrill Level: High
Surge and Shark Attack are interconnected rides that offer a unique experience. Surge sends you on a wild ride through rapids and waterfalls, leading you directly into the Shark Attack slide. Here, you’ll slide through a transparent tunnel surrounded by a tank filled with sharks. It’s a surreal and unforgettable experience.
- Thrill Level: High
The Falls and Stinger are part of the park’s innovative water coaster system, using powerful jets to propel you both downwards and upwards! The Stinger is particularly notorious for its sudden, surprise drops.
- Thrill Level: Moderate
When you want to take a break from the high-speed thrills, the rivers at Atlantis Water Park Dubai offer a more relaxed, but no less enjoyable, experience.
- The Raging Rapids simulate a 1.6-km long wild river journey with waves, rapids and sudden bursts of water.
- The River Rapids offer a more leisurely float along a scenic route.
Both rivers provide a great way to cool off and enjoy the park’s beautiful tropical surroundings. Moreover, what I really love is that there are helpful and enthusiastic staff members along the route, who make your experience safe and enjoyable.
Splasher’s Kids Play Area
For the little adventurers, Aquaventure Dubai features the Splasher’s Kids Play Area. This specially designed area is a haven for kids with water cannons, slides and climbing frames. It’s the perfect place for the young ones to have fun and cool off in the Dubai heat.
The Immortal Falls is a unique attraction at Atlantis Aquapark Dubai. It gives you the chance to experience the sensation of jumping off a waterfall. The waterfall is 9 metres high, and you jump off directly into the pool below, a thrilling and refreshing experience!
Finally, don’t miss the Surf’s Up attraction at this Palm Jumeirah waterpark in Dubai. This wave rider allows you to surf on a continuous wave, perfect for both beginners and experienced surfers. It’s a great opportunity to try out surfing in a safe environment.
Waterpark Beach: the perfect relaxation spot
If you need a break from the excitement of the slides and rides, Aquaventure Beach is the perfect relaxation spot. This 700-metre private beach offers a tranquil retreat where you can relax and soak up the sun.
The beach is lined with comfortable sun loungers and umbrellas, providing a comfortable spot to unwind and enjoy the beautiful views. The crystal-clear waters are perfect for a refreshing swim, and the soft white sand is ideal for building sandcastles or just relaxing with a good book.
If you’re feeling active, you can try your hand at a variety of beach activities. From volleyball to paddleboarding, there’s plenty to keep you entertained.
Food and beverage venues
When you’re having fun in the sun, it’s important to stay hydrated and well-fed. That’s why Atlantis Aquaventure Dubai features a variety of food and beverage venues, offering everything from quick snacks to full meals. I should mention upfront that outside food and drinks are not allowed at Aquaventure Dubai.
Barracudas is the park’s main restaurant, offering a wide selection of international dishes. With five different kitchens, you can choose from a range of cuisines, from Italian to Middle Eastern.
If you’re looking for a quick snack, Shark Bites offers a variety of fast-food options, from burgers and fries to sandwiches and salads. There’s also an ice cream parlour for those with a sweet tooth. For those looking for a more upscale dining experience, The Edge and The Shore offer beachside dining with a view.
Other services and facilities
In addition to its thrilling rides and slides, Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai offers a variety of other services and facilities to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable visit.
For those with young children, there’s Splashers Island, a dedicated area with mini slides and water attractions. There’s also a nanny service available, allowing parents to enjoy the park’s more thrilling rides.
For those looking for a bit of luxury, the Atlantis Dubai Waterpark features VIP cabanas for rent. These private cabanas offer a comfortable place to relax, with a personal host, complimentary drinks and a fruit basket.
Moreover, you can take showers, as well as rent towels and lockers to safely store your belongings while enjoying the day of fun.
There’s also a retail shop where you can buy everything from swimwear and sunscreen to souvenirs and gifts. And with free Wi-Fi throughout the park, you can stay connected and share your experiences with friends and family.
Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai tickets
How much is Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai? The entry fee for Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai varies depending on several factors, including your age, the time of your visit and whether you’re staying at the Atlantis The Palm hotel.
- Atlantis Aquaventure Dubai ticket price: AED 315 per adult, discounts for children from 3 years old, free entrance for children aged 2 and under
There are several Atlantis Waterpark Dubai tickets:
- 1-day pass: You get unlimited access to all Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai rides, waterslides and other facilities.
- Lost Chambers Aquarium and Aquaventure Water Park combo ticket: It is a great option for thrill-seekers and marine wildlife lovers. With this ticket, you can also enjoy unlimited access to the Lost Chambers Aquarium at Atlantis. The combo ticket allows you to experience the best of both worlds. Moreover, you will save money, as It is cheaper than buying two separate tickets. I recommend first visiting the aquarium in the morning and then visiting the water park to spend the rest of the day without hassle.
- Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark ticket and free one-way Palm Monorail ticket: Klook offers an amazing deal that you can hardly resist. It includes the Atlantis Dubai Waterpark entrance ticket and a FREE one-way scenic ride on Dubai Palm Monorail to Atlantis the Palm. You can also book one-way or return transfers to the waterpark via this link.
- Dolphin Encounter at Atlantis Waterpark: This is a great option to cuddle with friendly dolphins for 30 minutes at Dolphin Bay within the Atlantis the Palm Resort and get free access to Aquaventure Dubai Waterpark.
- Dolphin Swim at Atlantis Waterpark: Besides interacting with dolphins in shallow waters, you can instead swim with them for 30 minutes at Dolphin Bay in the deeper area and get free access to Aquaventure Dubai Waterpark. This is gonna be an unforgettable experience.
- Free Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark pass for hotel guests: If you’re staying at the Atlantis The Palm or Atlantis the Royal hotels, you get free access to the waterpark. This is a great deal, considering the range of activities and attractions you can enjoy at the park.
Useful tips for visiting Dubai Atlantis Aquapark
- Arrive early: The park can get busy, especially during the weekends and holidays. Arrive early to avoid the crowds and make the most of your day.
- Dress appropriately: Make sure to wear appropriate swimwear which is modest and not overly explicit. Loose or baggy clothing is not allowed on the slides and rides.
- Stay hydrated: Dubai’s climate can be hot, so make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Use sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays by using a high-SPF sunscreen.
- Pack accordingly: If you do not want to pay extra for larger lockers, take only the necessary things that fit a smaller and cheaper locker.
- Follow safety rules: For your safety, make sure to follow all safety rules and instructions.
Have Fun Dubai’s Tip: Children must be at least 13 years old to visit the waterpark without accompanying adults.
What should you take with you to Atlantis Aquaventure
When visiting Aquaventure Dubai Waterpark, make sure to bring the following :
- Swimwear: Appropriate swimwear is required for all rides and attractions.
- Sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Towel: While towels are available for rent, you can save money by bringing your own.
- Water bottle: Stay hydrated by bringing a reusable water bottle.
- Money/Credit Card: For food, drinks and any additional purchases.
- Waterproof phone case: Atlantis Palm Waterpark is a great place to take impressive photos, but with all the swirls and twists, it’s easy to lose your phone in the water. I recommend bringing a special waterproof case that you can hang around your neck.
- Aqua socks or shoes: When moving between different waterslides or taking the lazy river using flip-flops is not handy. They are not allowed inside the attractions. A great solution is water socks! They are available at Atlantis Aquaventure (sometimes for free), but mine already got holes after a few hours of usage. So you can bring your own and reduce the impact on the environment.
Navigating Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai is easy with the park’s detailed map. The map shows the location of all rides and attractions, as well as food and beverage venues, restrooms and other facilities. Maps are available throughout the aquapark.
The park is divided into several areas, including the Tower of Neptune, the Tower of Poseidon, Trident Tower, Splashers Island and Aquaventure Beach. Each area has its own unique attractions, so make sure to explore them all.
- Atlantis Waterpark Dubai opening hours: 09:45 to 18:30
- Atlantis Waterpark Dubai address: Atlantis The Palm Hotel, Crescent Road, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
How to get to Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai
Aquaventure Waterpark is located in the Atlantis the Palm hotel on Palm Jumeirah. To get to Atlantis Waterworld in Dubai, use one of the options below.
- By taxi: Taxi is the quickest and often cheapest option for getting to the Palm Jumeirah waterpark from any Dubai area
- By Palm Monorail: Enjoy a scenic 10-min ride across Palm Jumeirah using the Dubai Palm Monorail between the Palm Gateway and Aquaventure Waterpark stations
- By Dubai Tram: If you are staying in Dubai Marina or JBR, take the Dubai Tram to the Palm Jumeirah tram stop and transfer to the Palm Monorail
- By Dubai Metro: You can take the Dubai Metro to the Mall of the Emirates station and then take a taxi to the Atlantis Hotel
- By hop-on hop-off bus: You can buy one of the Dubai hop-on hop-off bus tours, with Big Bus and City Sightseeing buses stopping in front of the Atlantis the Palm Hotel
- By car: The waterpark offers free parking for visitors (take a free shuttle bus from there or walk to the hotel)
Other attractions and things to do nearby
Aquaventure Waterpark is located in the Atlantis the Palm Hotel, which is a destination in itself. While Aquaventure Waterpark in Dubai is a must-visit attraction, there are plenty of other exciting attractions nearby.
- Lost Chambers Aquarium Dubai: Designed as a mysterious city of Atlantis, Lost Chambers Aquarium Dubai features over 65,000 marine animals swimming in harmony. The huge fish tank is filled with 11 mln litres of water. Moreover, the aquarium offers many exciting diving and snorkelling activities. Book your Atlantis Lost Chambers Aquarium tickets here
- Atlantis the Palm Hotel: Boasting fantastic vistas of the Arabian Gulf and the Dubai skyline, Atlantis the Palm Hotel is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city. The hotel features luxurious rooms and suites, dining options, water sports and a spa. As a guest, you are entitled to unlimited access to the Aquaventure Water Park and Lost Chambers Aquarium. Book your Atlantis the Palm Hotel stay here
- Atlantis the Palm restaurants: The Atlantis Hotel features a variety of dining options. You can choose from a range of restaurants and cafes, offering everything from local cuisine to international dishes. From Michelin-starred Ossiano and Hakkasan to Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen and En Fuego. Book your dinner buffet at the Saffron Restaurant here
- Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk: Enjoy a refreshing stroll along the Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk, an 11-kilometre long and 6-metre wide walkway with breathtaking views of the Dubai skyline and the sea. It is a great spot for a relaxing walk orbiking and marvelling at sunset views of unmatched beauty.
- Palm Jumeirah: This man-made island offers stunning views, luxury hotels and a variety of dining and shopping options.
- Palm Monorail: The driverless Palm Monorail in Dubai offers a scenic journey through the man-made Palm Jumeirah island. The 5.5 km distance between the Palm Gateway and Aquaventure Waterpark stations is covered in approximately 10 minutes. Buy a one-way ticket or a Day Pass for unlimited rides to also visit other attractions on Palm Jumeirah. Also, check the special deal above for Atlantis Waterpark visitors. Book your Palm Monorail Dubai tickets here
- How to dress for Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai?
When visiting Aquaventure Atlantis Waterpark in Dubai, it’s essential to dress appropriately to enjoy all the exciting activities the park has to offer. Swimwear is a must, but remember to choose something comfortable and appropriate for a family-friendly environment. Men should opt for swim trunks or board shorts, while women can wear a one-piece or two-piece swimwear.
Avoid clothes with buttons, zippers or metal decorations, as these can damage the rides and slides. Also, it’s a good idea to wear water shoes to protect your feet from the hot sand and pavement. Don’t forget to bring a change of clothes for after your aquatic adventures.
Remember, Aquaventure Waterpark is an outdoor attraction, so it’s essential to protect your skin from the sun. Apply water-resistant sunscreen before you leave for the park and reapply it every two hours. A hat and sunglasses will also provide additional protection against the harsh Dubai sun, especially in summer months.
- Which Palm Jumeirah hotel offers complimentary Aquaventure Waterpark tickets?
The prestigious Atlantis The Palm Hotel and the new Atlantis the Royal Hotel offer free Aquaventure Dubai Waterpark tickets with unlimited access to its guests.
- Is Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark free for Atlantis Hotel guests?
Yes, Aquaventure Waterpark is free for guests staying at both Atlantis The Palm and Atlantis the Royal hotels.
- Can you visit Aquaventure Dubai without staying at the Atlantis Hotel?
Yes, you can visit Dubai Aquaventure Waterpark even if you’re not staying at the Atlantis hotel. While hotel guests get free access to the waterpark, non-guests can purchase day passes to experience the thrilling rides and attractions. The day passes give you unlimited access to the park for a whole day, so you can make the most of your visit.
- How many waterslides and rides does Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark have?
Aquaventure Waterpark is home to a variety of thrilling rides and attractions. With over 105 slides and other attractions in total, there’s something for everyone, regardless of age or thrill-seeking level. Atlantis Aquaventure Dubai is recognized by the Guinness World Records Book as the waterpark with the largest number of waterslides.
- Can you take food inside?
For safety and hygiene reasons, outside food and drinks are not allowed in Aquaventure Waterpark. However, the park has numerous food and beverage outlets where you can refuel between rides. From fast food to gourmet meals, there’s a range of dining options to choose from.
- How to reach Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark by metro?
Reaching Atlantis Aquaventure in Dubai by metro directly is not possible. First, take the Dubai Metro Red Line and get off at the Mall of the Emirates station. Then take a taxi from the Mall of the Emirates station to Atlantis The Palm. The journey by taxi takes about 20 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Does Aquaventure Waterpark on Palm Jumeirah provide towels?
Yes, Aquaventure Dubai Waterpark provides towels for visitors. However, there’s a rental fee for the towels, so remember to bring some cash or a credit card. If you prefer, you can also bring your own towels.
Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai is a must-visit attraction while you are in Dubai. With its thrilling rides and slides, beautiful landscapes and a variety of dining and shopping options, it’s a place where fun and excitement are guaranteed. Have fun in Dubai!
Prepare for your Dubai trip
Did you find this post helpful? Then click that little heart below and share it with your friends and family. Have fun in Dubai!