The View at the Palm Dubai is a 240-metre-high open-air observation deck located in the middle of the man-made Palm Jumeirah Island. This is not your ordinary tourist attraction, but a rare gem that offers a glimpse into the unparalleled beauty of Dubai. As you step inside, you will be greeted by the best views of the Dubai skyline, including Dubai Marina, Jumeirah and the Arabian Gulf. The View at the Palm in Dubai is your golden ticket to witness the iconic Palm Jumeirah from a vantage point like no other. Moreover, it’s a place where you can escape from the bustling city life and immerse yourself in a world of tranquillity and beauty.
Located inside the Palm Tower on the 52nd and 54th floors, the viewing deck also features an exhibition that takes you through the history and evolution of Palm Jumeirah. In this article, I will tell you all you need to know about the View at the Palm ticket options, timings, location and activities. Furthermore, I will explain from my experience how the View at the Palm is different from other observation decks in Dubai. Whether you are going on a romantic date, family outing or a solo adventure, be prepared for an Insta-worthy moment that feels like opening the window to paradise.
Is the View at the Palm Dubai visit worth it: pros and cons
Check my quick overview of the pros and cons below to make a balanced decision.
- Unmatched views: The View at the Palm observation deck offers breathtaking panoramic views of Dubai’s skyline, the Arabian Gulf and the iconic Palm Jumeirah. The experience is truly unique and something that visitors will remember for a lifetime.
- Open-air: Unlike many other Dubai’s viewing platforms, the View at Palm Jumeirah is an open-air observation deck. You will have plenty of opportunities for taking stunning photos with unobstructed views.
- Not crowded: I just love this Palm Jumeirah observation deck because it is not very crowded and the waiting times are minimal. You can wander around and take in the beautiful views at your own pace, which adds up to that feeling of tranquillity.
- Limited time access to the top level: The additional Next Level viewing terrace on the 54th floor is not big. It has a restricted capacity, and access to it is limited in time. And even though the views from it are better than from the main deck, the experience felt a bit rushed. That being said, ascending to the Next Level is worth every penny.
What is the View at the Palm Dubai
The View at the Palm Dubai is an observation deck situated at the top of the Palm Tower, in the heart of the iconic Palm Jumeirah. Standing at a staggering height of 240 metres, it offers a unique 360-degree view of Palm Jumeirah, the Arabian Gulf, Dubai Marina and the Dubai skyline.
With its sleek design and state-of-the-art facilities, The Palm Tower also houses a range of other attractions, including the St. Regis Dubai The Palm Hotel, Aura Skypool, residences and many dining options.
The Palm Jumeirah viewing deck has the main terrace on the 52nd floor and the upgraded Next Level on the 54th floor. The journey by lift to the main terrace takes 45 seconds, and you will see different digital displays while ascending. The View at the Palm features several ticket types for prime and non-prime hours, fast-track tickets, high-tea and VIP Lounge access packages. You can read all the detailed information about the View at the Palm Dubai tickets below.
Furthermore, the Palm Jumeirah observation deck in Dubai offers the View Exhibition where you get to learn about the incredible story behind the creation of the man-made island underneath. Now, I will share more details about the experience that is waiting for you if you decide to visit the View at the Palm Observatory in Dubai.
The View Exhibition
As you ascend towards the observation deck, your journey begins with the View Exhibition. This interactive exhibition showcases the incredible journey of Palm Jumeirah from its foundation to its present glory. It’s a fascinating narrative that unfolds through a mix of interactive displays, captivating visuals and engaging narratives.
Moreover, the exhibition includes a tunnel with a floor-to-ceiling interactive aquarium filled with a myriad of exotic marine life. Walking through this underwater world, you’ll feel as if you’re exploring the depths of the Arabian Gulf.
The main observation deck
Stepping out onto the main observation deck at the View at the Palm Dubai on the 52nd floor, you’ll be greeted by an awe-inspiring panoramic view of Palm Jumeirah, the Arabian Gulf and the stunning Dubai skyline. This is a sight that will take your breath away. It’s an unparalleled view that offers a unique perspective of the city’s architectural marvels and natural beauty.
The observation deck is equipped with interactive telescopes that provide a detailed view of the landmarks and offer fascinating insights about them. Whether you want to marvel at the iconic Burj Al Arab, the stunning Atlantis The Palm or the new Atlantis the Royal, these telescopes offer a close-up view that brings these landmarks to life. The viewing deck features leaning glass panels and little staircases made of glass for those who dare to soar above the ground.
The main observation deck also features a VIP lounge where you can relax and enjoy the mesmerising view in a luxurious setting. This is the perfect place to unwind and soak in the beauty of Dubai while sipping on a refreshing beverage or a meal.
The Next Level observation deck
For those who crave an even more exclusive experience, the Next Level at the View on the 54th floor offers an almost private observation deck that is a notch above the rest. This is a smaller but more exclusive terrace, where you can enjoy unparalleled views of Dubai in privacy and comfort.
Have Fun Dubai’s Tip: If your budget allows, I encourage you to buy a ticket that includes access to the 54th floor. Unlike the main deck, there are no glass panels, so the views are completely unobstructed. Since only a few people are allowed on the Next Level at a time, you will have plenty of opportunities for selfies in almost complete privacy. Keep in mind that the time will be limited.
What can you see from the View at the Palm Observatory in Dubai
The Palm Jumeirah viewing point in the Palm Tower is your window to the skyline of Dubai. From this vantage point, you can see the entire expanse of Palm Jumeirah, the world’s largest man-made island. The view of the palm-shaped island, with its stunning villas and luxurious hotels, is truly impressive.
Beyond Palm Jumeirah, you can see the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf, stretching out into the horizon. Looking further, you will notice Dubai Marina, a bustling waterfront community that is home to some of the city’s most iconic skyscrapers and incredible beaches. You can see as far as Ain Dubai, the world’s largest observation wheel on Bluewaters Island. For even more impressive sunset views, book prime-hour tickets.
Turn your gaze towards the city centre, and you will see the majestic Dubai skyline, with its towering skyscrapers and architectural marvels. Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, stands out in its splendour, while Burj Al Arab, one of the world’s most luxurious hotels, adds to the allure of the view. You can even spot a private island of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai.
The View at the Palm tickets
How much are the View at the Palm tickets? The View at the Palm price depends on the ticket type and the time slots. Prime-hour tickets with admission generally from 16:00 to 19:00 are more expensive.
- View at the Palm Dubai ticket price: AED 100 to AED 325
You can check all main ticket types and book them below:
- View at the Palm general entrance ticket for non-prime hours: admission to the 52nd floor and the exhibition hall
- View at the Palm general entrance ticket for prime hours: admission to the 52nd floor and the exhibition hall
- View at the Palm fast-track ticket for non-prime hours: fast-lane admission to the 52nd floor, 54th floor (Next Level) and the exhibition hall
- View at the Palm fast-track ticket for prime hours: fast-lane admission to the 52nd floor, 54th floor (Next Level) and the exhibition hall
- View at the Palm fast-track ticket with VIP Lounge access: fast-lane admission to the 52nd floor, 54th floor (Next Level), the exhibition hall and the VIP Lounge with a free drink, Arabic sweets and snacks
- View at the Palm general entrance ticket with high tea: admission to the 52nd floor, the exhibition hall and the VIP Lounge with high tea in the afternoon
- View at the Palm general entrance ticket with breakfast or drinks: admission to the 52nd floor, the exhibition hall and the VIP Lounge with breakfast (early morning) or two drinks
What else is Inside the Palm Tower in Dubai
The Palm Tower is a world in itself, offering an array of attractions beyond the View at the Palm.
- St. Regis Dubai Hotel: The tower is home to a luxury hotel, the St. Regis Dubai The Palm, which offers a range of opulent rooms and suites, along with world-class dining options and a state-of-the-art fitness centre. Book your St. Regis Dubai Hotel stay here
- AURA SkyPool: After you had the first taste of the views on the observation deck, go two floors down to the AURA, the world’s highest 360-degree infinity pool. It is one of the city’s hotspots where you can lounge by the pool on the preferred side and sip on those delicious drinks.
- SushiSamba: Located on the 51st floor of the Palm Tower, SushiSamba is a great place to wrap up your experience with a lovely meal consisting of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian dishes.
- Apartments: The tower also houses a range of apartments, offering residents a chance to live in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic landmarks.
- Nakheel Mall: Offering a great shopping experience, the Nakheel Mall is located below the Palm Tower. From high-end fashion brands to boutique stores, it provides a shopping experience that caters to every taste and preference. It may not have the same grandeur as the Mall of the Emirates or the Dubai Mall, but you are sure to find many good bargains here.
- The View at the Palm opening hours: 10:00 to 19:00 for general admission (prime hours 16:00 to 19:00)
The observation deck may also be open early in the morning, offering visitors a chance to witness the spectacular sunrise over the Arabian Gulf. This offer with breakfast is generally available for Saturdays and Sundays at 06:00, 06:30 and 07:00.
On certain days, the View at the Palm deck remains open until late at night, allowing visitors to enjoy the breathtaking view of the Dubai skyline illuminated in all its glory. Check availability via the links above.
Where is the View at the Palm? The observation deck is located inside the Palm Tower in Palm Jumeirah.
- View at the Palm Dubai address: Palm Jumeirah Rd, The Palm Tower, 52nd Floor, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
How to get to the View at the Palm Dubai
The Palm Tower, home to the View at the Palm, is located in the heart of Palm Jumeirah. The tower’s central location makes it easily accessible from all parts of the city. Whether you’re staying in Downtown Dubai or at one of the beachfront resorts, you can easily reach the Palm Tower by car, taxi or public transport.
- By taxi: Taxi is the quickest and often the cheapest option for getting to the View at the Palm viewing deck from any Dubai area
- By Palm Monorail: Enjoy a 5-min ride across Palm Jumeirah using the Dubai Palm Monorail from either the Palm Gateway or Aquaventure Waterpark stations to the Nakheel Mall station
- By tram: If you are staying in Dubai Marina or JBR, take the Dubai Tram to the Palm Jumeirah tram stop and transfer to the Palm Monorail
- By metro: Alternatively, take the Dubai Metro to the Mall of the Emirates station and then get a taxi for a short ride
- By car: Use the Nakheel Mall/Palm Tower underground parking
Other Dubai viewing decks
While the View at the Palm is undoubtedly a standout attraction, Dubai is home to several other impressive observation decks that offer stunning views of the city.
Here is the list of the best observation decks in Dubai:
- Burj Khalifa: No trip is complete without visiting the world’s tallest building. The striking Burj Khalifa boasts two observation decks, At The Top on the 124th and 125th floors and At The Top Sky on the 148th floor. They both offer unmatched views of the city below and the desert. Book your Burj Khalifa tickets here
- Sky Views Dubai: A short walk away from the tallest structure in the world, you will find a new Dubai Sky Views viewing platform with a breathtaking Burj Khalifa panorama. Take a ride on the Glass Slide, made completely of glass, and set your heart racing at the Edge Walk outdoor experience. Book your Dubai Sky Views tickets here
- Dubai Frame: The elegant Dubai Frame is the biggest picture frame in the world, or photo frame if you wish, with a stunning sky bridge. It is the only city’s observation deck that allows you to see both old and modern Dubai. Book your Dubai Frame tickets here
- Ain Dubai: The 250-metre-high Ain Dubai observation wheel is the world’s largest Ferris wheel with amazing views of Bluewaters Island, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach Residences and the Arabian Gulf.
Each of these Dubai’s observation decks offers a unique perspective of the city and its landmarks. Visiting these viewing decks is a great way to explore the city and appreciate its architectural marvels.
How is View at the Palm views compared to other Dubai observation decks
While each observation deck in Dubai offers a unique vista, the View at the Palm stands out for its panoramic view of Palm Jumeirah. Unlike other observation decks that offer a city-centric panorama, the View at the Palm features a 360-degree view that encompasses the city, the sea and the man-made island. Moreover, it’s an open-air viewing deck, so most of it is not covered. It is one of my favourite observatories in Dubai.
Other attractions and things to do nearby
Palm Jumeirah is home to a plethora of attractions and activities, making it a vibrant destination for both tourists and residents. From luxury resorts and world-class dining options to water parks and marine adventures, there’s something for everyone on Palm Jumeirah.
Besides attractions inside the Palm Tower, which I have mentioned above, I also recommend visiting the following:
- Palm Monorail: You can reach many attractions in Palm Jumeirah using the Palm Monorail in Dubai. It offers a scenic journey through the man-made island and includes 5 stations. The 5.5 km distance between the Palm Gateway and Aquaventure Waterpark stations is covered in approximately 10 minutes. Buy a one-way ticket or a Day Pass for unlimited rides. Book your Palm Monorail Dubai tickets here
- Aquaventure Water Park Dubai: If adventure is what you seek, visit Aquaventure Waterpark at Atlantis The Palm Hotel. The biggest waterpark in the world offers the largest number of thrilling rides and slides in the city, as well as a private beach where you can relax and soak up the sun. It is the best water park in Dubai and it is located 5-minute ride away from the observation deck. Book your Aquaventure Water Park Dubai tickets here
- Lost Chambers Aquarium Dubai: Designed as a mysterious city of Atlantis, Lost Chambers Aquarium Dubai with 65,000 marine animals is located next to Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark. The huge fish tank is filled with 11 mln litres of water. Moreover, the aquarium features many exciting diving and snorkelling activities. Book your Atlantis Lost Chambers Aquarium tickets here
- Atlantis the Palm Hotel: Featuring beautiful views of the Arabian Gulf and the Dubai skyline, Atlantis the Palm Hotel can be easily seen from the View at the Palm observation deck. The hotel provides luxurious accommodation, dining options, water sports and a spa. All its guests are entitled to unlimited access to the Aquaventure Water Park and Lost Chambers Aquarium. Book your Atlantis the Palm Hotel stay here
- Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk: If you are still hungry for views, take a short ride by the Palm Monorail or taxi to the Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk. It is an 11-kilometre long and 6-metre wide walkway with breathtaking views of the Dubai skyline and the sea. In my opinion, it is a great spot for a relaxing stroll or biking and marvelling at sunset views of unparalleled beauty.
- Palm West Beach Dubai: Lined with restaurants and cafes, Palm West Beach is one of the trending hotspots for tourists in Dubai who are looking for mesmerising views of the sea and Dubai Marina. The golden sand and wide beach area make for a great day of sunbathing and swimming. Besides, you can take advantage of the various amenities available at the beach, including showers and changing rooms. It’s a perfect spot to wrap up the day with your favourite sunset drink.
Prepare for your Dubai trip
Did you find this post helpful? Then click that little heart below and share it with your friends and family. Have fun in Dubai!