Dinner in the Sky Dubai is not just a restaurant, but also a breathtaking attraction. Imagine sitting at a beautifully set table, surrounded by the most exquisite views of the city, while savouring a delicious meal prepared by talented chefs. If this sounds like a dream come true, then you’re in for a treat with the dinner in the air experience in Dubai. This one-of-a-kind dining adventure takes the concept of fine dining to new heights, literally, by hoisting you and your fellow diners 50 metres above the ground.
Dinner in the Sky has become a worldwide phenomenon, and Dubai is no exception. With its stunning skyline and iconic landmarks, the city provides the perfect backdrop for this luxurious, sky-high dining experience. In this article, I will tell you everything you need to know about Dinner in the Sky Dubai, including what to expect, the menu, dining options, safety measures, pricing and more. So let’s explore the world of sky dining in Dubai!
Is Dinner in the Sky Dubai visit worth it: pros and cons
Check my quick overview of the pros and cons below to make a balanced decision.
- Unique experience: Dinner in the Sky Dubai offers a unique dining experience where you can enjoy your meal while suspended 50 metres above the ground. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime adventure that’s perfect for special occasions and creating unforgettable memories.
- Great views: As you dine, you’ll get to enjoy stunning views of the Dubai skyline from a completely different perspective. To be honest, it’s a great way to see the city from a new angle and take some amazing photos.
- Delicious food: The food served at the Dinner in the Sky is top-notch and prepared by experienced chefs. You’ll get to enjoy a gourmet meal while taking in the breathtaking views.
- Expensive: Sky dining in Dubai is quite pricey, and not everyone may be able to afford it, especially those on a tight budget.
- Limited time: The experience is limited in time, so some might get the impression that it is a bit rushed.
- Weather-dependent: The dining experience at Dinner in the Sky in Dubai is weather-dependent. It means that it maybe cancelled due to bad weather conditions, such as rain. This can be disappointing, especially if you’ve been looking forward to the experience for a long time.
Dinner in the Sky restaurants concept
The Dinner in the Sky concept was first introduced in 2006 by Belgian entrepreneur David Ghysels. It all started when the media agency called Hakuna Matata collaborated with the Fungroup amusement park installations company to create a unique dining experience that would make headlines around the world.
This idea gained immense popularity, and over time, companies launched other famous projects: “Wedding in the Sky”, “Cinema in the Sky” and “Santa in the Sky”. Over the past years, more than 60 restaurants have been opened, for example, in Japan, the USA, South Africa, Brazil, Canada and China. In these restaurants, renowned chefs such as Yannick Alléno, Pierre Gagnaire and Heston Blumenthal surprised diners with their delicious creations. Dinner in the Sky has been repeatedly mentioned in various media, and Forbes even included this project in the top 10 most unusual restaurants in the world.
The flying restaurant in Dubai stays true to its name, as guests are seated around a table that’s lifted by a crane to a height of 50 metres. The table is equipped with comfortable seats, safety harnesses, and a transparent floor, allowing diners to take in breathtaking views of the city while enjoying their meal. With a highly skilled team of chefs, servers and safety experts on board, Dinner in the Sky guarantees a fantastic culinary adventure.
Flying restaurant in Dubai: what to expect
As you arrive at the Dinner in the Sky location, you’ll be greeted by a friendly team who will guide you through the entire process. After a safety briefing, you’ll be strapped into your seat and prepared for lift-off. Once the crane starts hoisting the table into the air, you’ll feel a surge of adrenaline as you ascend towards the sky, with the panoramic views of Dubai unfolding before your eyes.
Once at the top, you’ll be treated to a gourmet meal prepared by talented chefs. They will be more than happy to accommodate any dietary restrictions or preferences you might have. The atmosphere during the meal is lively and social, as guests often engage in conversation and take photos of the stunning views surrounding them. The entire experience lasts for approximately 90 minutes. By the way, keep in mind that this time frame includes a 15-minute preparation before dining and another 15-minute unbelting after you descend.
Menu and dining options
The Dinner in the Sky Dubai menu offers a variety of delicious dishes to satisfy every palate. The culinary team uses only the freshest ingredients to create a selection of mouthwatering starters, main courses and desserts. Whether you’re a seafood lover, a meat enthusiast or a vegetarian, you’ll find something to tantalise your taste buds.
Dinner in the Sky restaurant menu (subject to change):
- Starters: Burrata salad or Middle Eastern bites set
- Main course: Braised lamb shoulder, sea bass, chicken breast or tortellini pasta
- Dessert: Chocolate fudge cake or panna cotta
In addition to dinner, this sky dining restaurant in Dubai offers lunch and themed events.
Weight limit and safety measures
Safety is a top priority for the restaurant in the sky in Dubai, and the team takes every precaution to ensure guests have a secure and enjoyable experience. The table and seats are designed with the highest safety standards in mind, and each guest is strapped into a comfortable harness that meets international safety regulations.
There is a weight limit of 150 kilograms (330 pounds) per person for Dinner in the Sky Dubai. This restriction is in place to ensure the safety of all guests and staff, as well as the proper functioning of the equipment. Additionally, the minimum allowed height is 110 cm, and minors under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Dinner in the Sky Dubai price
How much is Dinner in the Sky in Dubai? Check out the prices below:
- Lunch price: AED 599 to 699
- Dinner price: AED 699 to 799
The Dinner in the Sky Dubai price varies depending on the package and day of the week. Prices typically start at AED 599 per person for a standard lunch and AED 699 for a dinner which includes a three-course meal and non-alcoholic beverages. Prices are higher on the weekend.
To ensure you secure a spot at this highly sought-after dining experience, I highly recommend booking your Dinner in the Sky Dubai tickets in advance.
- Dubai Dinner in the Sky lunch opening times: 14:00 to 18:30 (three sessions every 90 minutes)
- Dubai Dinner in the Sky lunch opening times: 18:30 to 23:00 (three sessions every 90 minutes)
Dinner in the Sky Dubai operates daily, with various time slots available to suit your preferences. It is important to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time slot, as this allows for the preparation before your ascent into the sky.
- Dubai Dinner in the Sky address: Al Sufoh, Al Seyahi Street, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The flying restaurant in Dubai is situated at the popular Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR), offering stunning views of the Arabian Gulf and the city’s iconic landmarks, such as the Burj Al Arab and the Palm Jumeirah.
How to get to the Dinner in the Sky restaurant in Dubai
Getting to the Dinner in the Sky Dubai location is simple, as it is well-connected by public transportation and easily accessible by car.
- By taxi: You can use an RTA taxi, Uber, Careem or any other similar service
- By tram: Take the Dubai Tram to the Mina Seyahi stop and then walk a few minutes
- By metro: Take the metro to the Sobha Realty or DMCC stations (red line), change to Dubai Tram and get off at the Mina Seyahi stop
- By marine transport: Take the water bus to the Marina Terrace Marine Transportation Station and then take a walk for about 20 minutes
- By car: There are many parking places on-site.
Other attractions and things to do nearby
One of the best things about the Dinner in the Sky location is that it’s close to many other popular attractions in Dubai. Before or after your sky dinner or lunch, consider exploring some of the nearby hotspots to make the most of your day.
- The Beach at JBR: Just a stone’s throw from the Dinner in the Sky venue, this vibrant beachfront promenade offers a range of dining, shopping, and entertainment options. Take a leisurely stroll along the beach, enjoy some retail therapy, or try out one of the many beachfront restaurants and cafes.
- Ain Dubai: As the world’s largest observation wheel, Ain Dubai offers stunning 360-degree views of the city.
- Skydive Dubai: If you’re seeking an adrenaline-pumping experience to complement your dining adventure, look no further than Skydive Dubai. Experience the thrill of free-falling over the Palm Jumeirah and enjoy unparalleled views of the city’s skyline. Book your Dubai Skydive experience here
- Dubai Marina: Dubai Marina Walk is a fantastic promenade suitable for a leisurely stroll before or after dinner. Besides, you can visit the Dubai Marina Mall, a popular shopping destination featuring over 140 stores.
- Can I smoke at the Dinner in the Sky?
Due to safety regulations and the comfort of all guests, smoking is not permitted during the Dinner in the Sky experience in Dubai. This includes the use of electronic cigarettes and vaping devices. Guests are kindly asked to refrain from smoking until they have returned to the ground after their dining session.
- Can I use the toilet at the restaurant in the sky in Dubai?
There are no restroom facilities available on the Dinner in the Sky platform, so it is advised to use the restroom facilities provided at the venue before your ascent. In case of an emergency, the platform can be lowered to the ground immediately to allow guests to use the restroom facilities on the ground. However, you will not be able to board again.
- Is there a dress code for Dinner in the Sky?
There is no strict dress code for the sky restaurant in Dubai, but guests are advised to dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. I recommend checking the weather forecast before you go. It is also advised to avoid wearing loose clothing or high heels, as they may pose a safety hazard during the ascent and descent.
- Is Dinner in the Sky in Dubai suitable for people with disabilities?
Dinner in the Sky is accessible for people with disabilities, but it is advised to contact the restaurant in advance to discuss any specific requirements or concerns. The staff will do their best to accommodate any special needs or requests.
- Can I bring my phone or camera to Dinner in the Sky?
Yes, guests are encouraged to bring their phones or cameras to capture the stunning views and memorable moments of the experience. However, it is advised to secure them properly to avoid any accidents during the ascent and descent.
Prepare for your Dubai trip
Did you find this post helpful? Then click that little heart below and share it with your friends and family. Have fun in Dubai!